Wednesday 7 September 2011

Tree-Athlon

at Ham House
by Hans Chu

Apart from that I love the title of this event - I think it is inspired - the focus of the 'Trees for Cities' charity is something I think we take for granted, but rapidly are loosing: trees in the city. In their own words,  Trees for Cities "is an independent charity which inspires people to plant and love trees worldwide ... involving local residents, schools and community groups helps ensure the sustainability of these green spaces."

I moved from Switzerland to London 12 years ago, straight to the East -End, to Bow. Apart from having major difficulties finding a latte at the time (that all changed), I really missed the trees, the seasons they are telling. I am now lucky to live in a very green part of London (and now missing the groovy Coffee shops - well, you can't have it all ).
If you feel a bit like me and want to help, check out the Tree-Athlon in Battersea Park on 17 September. You can run 5k, plant a tree, listen to music. It sounds like a really nice idea which we will check out



No comments:

Post a Comment